Learn how to make this delicious sourdough lemon loaf for that is the perfect Spring treat! This loaf is soft and has just the perfect amount of sweetness. Pour some raspberry drizzle on top and I promise you’ll be cutting yourself another slice!
Oh, Spring, my long lost friend. You are so close, but feel so far away still.
But not for long because we have RECIPES!
Scroll below to see the Collaboration I am apart of to receive more Spring Recipes to add to your collection to ring in the season!
Now back to the loaf…
May I say I am in love with this loaf! Lemon is such a great way to bring in the coming Spring. This fruit always brings a lightness to food and the home.
I love to add lemon to my water or tea, and also enjoy cooking pasta with it as well.
So when I made this lemon loaf, it just gave me allllll the Spring vibes and I am here for it!
DOES THE SOURDOUGH STARTER HAVE TO BE FED?
No it does not! You can have it fed or unfed for this recipe.
WHY YOU WILL LOVE THIS LEMON LOAF:
- It’s a light loaf to consume. Breads can be heavy, but this bread makes you feel like you want another slice.
- The perfect combination – sweet but tart. I do love my sweets, but during Springtime I am feeling all the tart foods. It makes the perfect afternoon coffee treat.
- Raspberry drizzle is the most delicious touch. I actually thought of this because of my husbands love for raspberry, and it truly makes the loaf all the more delightful.
TIPS WHEN MAKING THIS LEMON LOAF:
- Use fresh lemons for this recipe. You can definitely use lemon juice from the store, but fresh lemons I feel make it taste so much better.
This post contains affiliate links where I make a small commission at no cost to you. See my full disclosure here.
SUPPLIES YOU WILL NEED
Sourdough Lemon Loaf
Separate Bowl (for flour)
Small Saucer Pan
INGREDIENTS YOU WILL NEED
8 TBSP Butter
2/3 Cup Sugar
1 Cup Sourdough
Lemon (2 Tbsp Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice)
1 1/2 Cups Unbleached Flour
1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Salt
1 tsp Lemon Zest
1/2 Cup Milk
1 Bag Frozen Strawberries
1/2 Cup Powdered Sugar
HOW TO MAKE SOURDOUGH LEMON LOAF
1. Set oven to 350 degrees.
2. In KitchenAide Mixer, add butter, sugar, and eggs. Mix well.
3. Use a Lemon Juicer to squeeze the juice out of the lemon. Once juiced, add the juice to the batter and mix in gently.
4. Add sourdough starter to the batter, gently mixing it in.
5. In a separate bowl, add flour, baking powder, salt and lemon zest. Scoop out into the batter as the KitchenAide is mixing slowly.
6. Grease glass bread pan pour the batter into it.
7. Bake in oven for 50-60 minutes, or until the middle is well done.
HOW TO MAKE RASPBERRY DRIZZLE
1. Let the frozen raspberries thaw out. Once thawed, add to the food processor and puree.
2. Strain the raspberry puree to separate the juice from the seeds.
3. Pour juice into a sauce pan and turn the heat on medium-low. Add in powdered sugar, and keep whisk till mixed well.
4. Once bubbly, let it boil for 1 minute whisking the entire time.
5. Let it cool then drizzle on top!
SPRING RECIPE COLLABORATION
I have teamed up with other bloggers to share other Spring Recipes for you to enjoy! These other bloggers have come up with some mighty tasty recipes to add to your collection, so make sure to check them out!
Ann from Country Homemaking Blog: Strawberry Einkorn Muffins
Michelle from Barefoot In The Pines: Mini Strawberry Cheesecakes
Wendy from The Mountain Farmhouse: Vegan Creamy Asparagus Soup
Steph from Spruce Acres Homestead: 3 Dandelion Recipes
Becky from The Homestead Nurse: Arugula & Basil Pesto Pasta Salad
Brandy from The Stylish Homestead: Sourdough French Toast Casserole
Samantha from The Crooks Family Farm: Blueberry Muffins
Abbie from The Gal Down The Road: Fresh Sticky French Bread
Chey from Living Like Were Country: Spring Refreshing Iced Tea Recipes
Sourdough Raspberry Loaf with Raspberry Drizzle
Sourdough Lemon Loaf
- 8 tbsp Butter
- 2/3 cup Sugar
- 2 whole Eggs
- 1 large Lemon 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice from the lemon
- 1 cup Sourdough
- 1 1/2 cups Unbleached Flour
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Lemon Zest
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1 bag Frozen Raspberries
- 1/2 cup Powdered Sugar
Sourdough Lemon Loaf
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- In KitchenAide Mixer, add butter, sugar, and eggs. Mix well.
- Use a Lemon Juicer to squeeze the juice out of the lemon. Once juiced, add the juice to the batter and mix in gently.
- Add sourdough starter to the batter, gently mixing it in.
- In a separate bowl, add flour, baking powder, salt and lemon zest. Scoop the flour mixture into the batter as the KitchenAide is mixing slowly.
- Add the milk and mix well.
- Grease glass bread pan pour the batter into it.
- Bake in oven for 50-60 minutes, or until the middle is well done.
- Let the frozen raspberries thaw out. Once thawed, add to the food processor and puree.
- Strain the raspberry puree to separate the juice from the seeds.
- Pour juice into a sauce pan and turn the heat on medium-low. Add in powdered sugar, and keep whisk till mixed well.
- Once bubbly, let it boil for 1 minute whisking the entire time.
- Let it cool then drizzle on top!
PIN FOR LATER